PABX / IP-PBX / VOIP
This course provides a practical and in-depth foundation on IP-Telephony (VOIP) Private Branch Exchange (PBX) or a Private Automatic Branch Exchange (PABX – which is out of fashion since all modern day PBXs are automatic), is a phone switch serving a business or organization and is usually located on the organization’s premises.
The PBX provides phone services including internal calling, and access to the public switched telephone network. It allows a small number of outside lines to be shared among all of the people of the organization. Advanced IP-PBX phone switches provide auto-attendant, voice-mail, and ACD (automatic call distribution) , IVR (Interactive Voice Response) services for the organization.
Duration: 3-days Instructor led.
• Introduction to Voice Network for Business Communication: Call Centre application, Queue, IVR, inter-office call Routing
• Introduction to PSTN, POTS
• Introduction to PBX and its feature
• Analog and digital Voice system
• Voice Technology (Analogue and IP)
• Telephony Architecture (Analogue and IP-Telephony)
• Voice Digitization
• Getting to know what is VoIP
• VoIP infrastructure and device
• VoIP Features/Benefits
• Introduction to the VoIP Standards
• VoIP protocol and Codec 🙁 Signaling & Control Protocols)
• SIP Architecture
• Factors Affecting Voice Quality
• QoS Overview
• Understanding how your choice of network affects QoS
• QoS Technology
• Securing your network with firewalls.
• Voice Cabling Standard
• Understanding Analogue Voice design Requirements
• Understanding VoIP design Requirements
• BOQ Generation
• VoIP/Analogue Voice Installation
• VoIP Networking
• Causes of VoIP Network Downtime.
• VoIP troubleshooting (Restoration)
• PRACTICAL 1: VoIP Site Survey, Design and BOQ Generation.
• PRACTICAL2: Installation and Connection/ Extension programming/ Local Call Routing.
• PRACTICAL3: Inter-Office/Inter-location Call Routing AND Voice Network Troubleshooting.